- 0.1 Looking for Jobs in Indian Railways in 2017 ? Read this Post and Know Everything On RRB Recruitment 2017
- 0.2 Why you should apply for Jobs in Indian Railways ?
- 0.3 RRB Recruitment 2017 ~ ~ Notification
- 0.4 What is the Eligibility Criteria for Jobs in Railways ?
- 0.5 RRB Recruitment’s in 2016
- 0.6 What are Jobs Offered by Indian Railways ?
- 0.7 Selection Process for RRB Recruitment 2017
- 0.8 Call Letter for Written (Online) Exams
- 1 How to Apply for Jobs in Indian Railways in 2017 ?
Looking for Jobs in Indian Railways in 2017 ? Read this Post and Know Everything On RRB Recruitment 2017
If you are looking for Jobs in Indian Railways in 2017, then this post has something very interesting for you. If you have applied for Railways Job in past, then you must be aware of the fact, that Recruitment is railways is done by RRB’s, RRC’s and RPF’s.
However, in case, you are fresher and applying for the First Time for Jobs in Railways, then this post, will enlighten you, as we will share the step by step process to apply for Jobs in Railways.
Applicants willing to apply for Jobs under the RRB Recruitment 2017, must know, that Railways, will invite applications for over 1 lakh posts in 2017. However the vacancies are only tentative and exact figure will get more clear, When the Official Notification will be out, till then keep you fingers crossed.
Indian Railways in one such organization in India, that offers Jobs for Everyone. So, it hardly matters, whether you are Graduate, Post-Graduate , Matric Pass or even Middle pass, Railways will have vacancy for you.
In this post on RRB Recruitment 2016, we will share everything, you need to Know about Applying for Jobs in Indian Railways in 2017. We will discuss Right from the Advertisement of Vacancies to Declaration of Results and Issuance of Appointment Letters for Railway Recruitment 2017.
Why you should apply for Jobs in Indian Railways ?
1) An employee in Indian Railways enjoy the same benefits, as enjoyed by a Government Employee ie. High Salary, Less workload, happy hours and lots of Holidays.
2) Employees of Indian Railways, enjoy Railways Passes OR Reserved Train Quota for Travelling anywhere in India.
3) Chances of Promotion in Indian Railways in quite high, due to increasing No. of Retirements every years.
And Last But Not the Least, Railways Recruitment 2017, offers salaries after the Implementation of 7th Pay-Commission, where the Average salaries are expected to get an increase of 30%.
So, Who does not want a High Paying Government Job in India, that offers, Promotions, Respect and Perks.
RRB Recruitment 2017 ~ ~ Notification
The Notifications Dates for RRB Recruitment 2017, are yet to decided. But is expected that Recruitment in Railways, will be done in batches.
The Recruitment Notification of Indian Railways in always published in the Employment Newspaper Or on the Respective Websites of concerned RRB’s. Whenever, there is a Recruitment Notification by Indian Railways, we will update the same on this page.
If you did not want to give yourself the trouble of Searching of Railway Jobs, then the Better Option in this Website (www.rrbrecruitment2017.in), as everything related the Railway recruitment will be shared on this Page.
Now, Bookmark (control+D) this page, and check it once in a week, and get the Exclusive Information on Railways Recruitment in 2017
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Jobs in Railways ?
Applicants willing to apply for Jobs in Indian Railways, must meet the Eligibility criteria for specified below.
1) Applicant must be a citizen of India.
2) Age Limit: Since Railways have Jobs for Everyone, therefore the Age Criteria is different for Different category of posts
Here are the Age Limits form on the posts in Indian Railways
1) For Sr. Engineer : 20 to 34 years
2) For Jr. Engineer: 18 to 32 years
3) For Clerical Posts: 18 to 29 years
4) For Group D Posts : 18 to 33 years
Note: Group D posts include (Gateman, Pointsman, Trackman, Safaiwala, cookmate, attendant, carriage cleaner etc) . The recruitment to these posts in done at Divisional Level by Zonal Offices.
3) Educational Qualifications: About 90% of Railway Jobs are for freshers. So, if you have just passed the college, there is always a vacancy for you in Railways.
Here are Qualification for some of the posts
1) For Group D posts : Applicants must be 10th Pass OR ITI
2) For Jr and Sr. Engineer Posts : Engineering Degree in the respective discipline.
3) For Clerical Posts : Applicant must be 12th Pass
Note: The Exact Eligibility Criteria, will be know, only when there is an Official Notification by RRB’s. The above mentioned Eligibility criteria is for popular category of Jobs and subject to change in the Future Railway Notifications.
RRB Recruitment’s in 2016
In 2016, Till August, Indian Railways had announced 2 Recruitment Notifications
1) The First Recruitment Notification of 2016 is For 1900 Jr engineer and Sr. engineer posts. These posts have been advertised under the “CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE No.01/2015”
2) The 2nd Indian Railways Notification is for 631 Group C posts . and these posts are advertised under “Employment Notice No. 02/2015”. However, this is a special Recruitment Drive for Persons with Disabilities (PWD’s)
What are Jobs Offered by Indian Railways ?
As Indian Railways, is the biggest recruitment of work force in India, and that is why, we have mentioned at the very start that Railways have Jobs for everyone.
The Jobs in Indian Railways are grouped as per the criteria given below
1) Group A Posts: These are Officer Level, Gazetted High Profile Jobs and Recruitment for these posts is done by UPSC. There is no roles of RRB’s and RRC’s for selecting people for Group A posts.
UPSC does the Recruitment for Group “A” post by conducting 2 Examination, viz Combined Engineering Services Examination and Civil Services Examination.
Apart from this UPSC also conducts the Recruitment for Mechanical Engineers through the UPSC Special Railways Apprentice Examination
2) Group “B” Posts: For Group B posts there is no Open Recruitment and the Recruits from Group C are promoted as Group B Officers.
3) Group “C” Posts: These are the most sough after Posts in Railways and maximum vacancies are advertised for these posts. The various posts in this Category include Jr Clerk, Typist, Assistant Station Masters, Ticket Checkers, Traffic Apprentice etc.
The Recruitment to these posts is done by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB’s) which are 19 in number.
Age Limit: The minimum age required is 18 years and maximum age should not exceed 29 years, depending upon the post.
Educational Qualifications: As there are Different category of posts, so the Qualification also varies. For Some Group C posts, applicant needs to be matriculate , while a few posts requires Graduation as minimum Qualification.
Selection Process: The Selection Process for the Group C Posts in Indian Railways, comprises of Written test and then followed by Interview. After the Selection, candidates will have to pass the Medical test also.
4) Group D Posts: These are the posts for those, who are just Matric Pass and these posts include Safaiwala, Cook, Helper, Attendant, Trackman, Point man, etc.
The Recruitment for Group D posts in Railways is done at Divisional Level by Zonal Offices.
Selection Process for RRB Recruitment 2017
The Selection Process for the Recruitment to Group C and Group D posts in RRB’s comprises of Written test, Physical Efficiency tests, Medical Examination and Document Verification.
For Group “C” Posts: The Selection Process for various Group C posts, comprises of Written Exam, then Skill Test, Medical test and Document verification
For Group “D” Posts: For these posts, there will be Written test of Matriculation standard. Those who pass the Written test, will have to pass the Physical Efficiency test (PET) and Medical Examinations
Note: This is the General selection process. However the Exact selection process for Railway Recruitment in 2017, will be know when the Official Advt, will be announced.
Online Exams (Written): From 2016, Railway Recruitment Board’s (RRB) will conduct the Written Exam through Online mode only. There will be an Online Exam for all the posts that will be advertised from 2016 and following years.
So gone are the Days, when you have appear for Railway Exams with Pen and Paper format.
Call Letter for Written (Online) Exams
Like Online Exam, Now Call Letters for Railway Exam will be generated through Online mode only and RRB’s had decided not to sent the Call Letter by posts at the applicant’s Correspondence addresses
Now For Railways Exams in 2017, you have to Download the E-Call Letter from the Website of the concerned RRB.
The E-Call Letters will be made available at least 2 weeks before the Exam Dates. So, you must check regularly the Official RRB Websites for downloading the Call Letters
Here is the List of Document that you need while appearing for Online Examinations
1) E-Call Letter in Original
2) A Valid Identity Proof (Viz Pan Card, Voter Card, Aadhar card) etc
3) One Post Card Photo and 2 Passport Size photos
4) Category Certificate (If applicable)
How to Apply for Jobs in Indian Railways in 2017 ?
Applicants willing to apply for Railway Jobs 2017-18, must know that RRB’s have gone completely Online. Right from the Publication of Notification, to Procedure for Application, Conducting the Written Exam, Issuance of Call Letters and Declaration of results, everything is Online.
Whenever the RRB’s announce the Notification, applicants, can advised to carefully read and note Down the starting and closing dates for submitting the online applications.
Application Fees: The Examination fees for Railways Exam is Rs 100, that can be paid either through Online Mode (Credit/Debit Card / Net Banking) OR Offline Mode through a challan form in any SBI Branch Or by depositing the Fees in any Computerised post office by system generated challan form.
Online Applications: Applicants must submit their applications online, before the closing date.
Here are the Steps for submitting the Online applications
1) First Open the Website of Concerned RRB, for which you want to apply
2) Then Click on the Online/ E-application Link. Thereafter, click on “New Registration” link to start the Registration Process
3) Now Fill the Online form by following the On-Screen Instructions.
4) Now, you have to upload your Photograph and Signature and Make the Payment for Application Fees.
5) After that Click on the Submit Button. It will generate the Registration No and the Conformation page will be displayed.
6) You can also check your Email / Mobile for SMS regarding the confirmation of Online Registration
Note: The above mentioned steps are the General steps for submitting the Online application. However the exact process for submitting the Online Application form, will be given in the Official Advt.
What’s Next ?
This Post on Indian Railways Recruitment 2017 has been written to guide you on the each and every aspect for Jobs in Railways. But this is not the end, this post is just a start and more will follow in the Upcoming Days.
In the Next Few Days, you can expect the following Information
1) Syllabus, and Exam Pattern for RRB Recruitment 2017
2) Books and Study Material for Various posts in Railways.
3) When the Railways 2017 Official Notification will be out.
If you have any Questions, that you need to ask regarding the RRB Recruitment in 2017, then keep your mind open and ask us anything through the Comments section below.